~~Improve your eyesight Naturally~~
India is home to the world’s largest number of blind people (The Times of India-Oct 11, 2007).
Of the 37 million people across the globe who are blind, over 15 million are from India. Moreover, the risk of cataract is also high in India, with about 3 million people developing this condition, annually.
If proper care of eye is not taken, it can result into various eye conditions such as age related macular degeneration and cataracts, which is a leading cause of blindness in the world. Thus, proper eye care is the need of the hour.
A. Ayurvedic Herbs to improve eyesight:
1.Amla – Extract the juice of fresh amla and drink 20 ml(half cup) twice daily.
2.Asparagus(Shatavari) – Mix 1 teaspoon of powdered asparagus in half teaspoon of honey. Take the mixture twice daily with warm cow’s milk.
3.Bhringraj – Application of Bhringraj herb or amla herb paste helps in improving eye vision.
4.Triphala – Triphala is very useful for eye health.Take 1teaspoon daily at bedtime with lukewarm water.
5.Garlic – The juice extracted from fresh garlic taken daily empty stomach is very useful for eyesight.
6.Rose petals – Freshly extracted juice of properly cleaned rose petals, which can be used both internally and externally for improving eye vision.
7.Liquorice – Take approximately half to 1 teaspoon of liquorice powder with cow’s milk twice daily. This powder can also be mixed with ghee or honey.
8.Ghee – Rub a small amount of cow ghee on soles of the feet to improve eye vision.
Include these into daily diet-
Carrots, amla, Beetroot, cucumber, turnip, spinach.
Apple, grapes, pomegranate.
C. Simple Eye Exercises-
1. Rub your palms together till they become warm and then place them on your eyes. Let your palms remain there for 10 seconds and then open your eyes.
2.Roll the eyeballs up and down, and left and right without moving your position. Repeat this exercise about 5 to 10 times. This helps relax the muscles in your eyes.
D. Points to remember:
1. Ensure that your eyes remain hydrated.
2. Don’t keep looking at the computer screen continuously.
3. Give your body a balanced diet and correct amount of sleep.
4. Make it a daily habit to perform eye exercises.
5. Always clean your eyes with cold (filtered) water, from time to time.
6. Stop Smoking.
7. Never look into the sun directly.
8. Sit at least 22-28 inches away from the screen.
9. Have regular eye exams to check for diabetes and high blood pressure, if these health problems already exist in the family.
**Take care of your existing health problems like prolonged constipation, excessive smoking, diabetes, hypertension, stress, neurological problems or allergies so that they do not have an impact on your eyes.**